April is National Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month and specifically, the last Sunday of April, is Blue Sunday, a day when the faith communities pray for young victims.
The power of prayer is a resource you can provide as a faith based community. Prayer brings hope and faith, and as a result strength to these victims.
On April 28th please pray specifically:
- That the children are brave enough to tell someone
- That the children remain strong and hopeful through their journey
- That the children will be rescued
- That the children are placed with caring people
- That their bodies and minds will be healed
- That they may find new trust, new hope and new peace
- For their rescuers and heroes
Please utilize the free downloadable resources to spread awareness of this issue and protect and save our children. The Children’s Safety Center also offers free child abuse prevention training and mandated reporter training for your organization.
Please contact development director Emily Rappe’ Fisher for more information, [email protected]