Halloween is such a fun holiday. We all love dressing up, and our kids love getting sick on large amounts of candy. However, we have all heard the tales of candy being tampered with or poisoned, or those of kids being hit by cars. While these cases are rare, it is important to be as safe as possible on Halloween. Here are a few tips to ensure a safe, happy, and fun Halloween:
- Check it Before You Eat It
- Make sure that your kids do not eat any of the candy before you make it home and can check it yourself. This will ensure that the candy your kids consume is safe. Watch for loose, opened, or homemade candy.
- Get in on the Fun
- Go with your kids while they trick-or-treat. They will love seeing you there, and you will be able to ensure safety while crossing streets and visiting houses.
- TIP: Put reflective tape of your child’s costume; make them visible to cars!
- Tell Them How It Is
- If you are worried about your child’s safety on Halloween, then talk to them beforehand. Give them rules, and explain how the night will go.
Halloween shouldn’t be filled with anxiety and fear. Use these tips to make your night fun, easy, and full of sweet treats!